Who wants to use their oven when it’s super hot outside?
NO? Okay, Good. We are on the same page!
Summertime is grillin’ time at our house. And there is no better salad in my book to pair with burgers, chicken or even steak than this light, fresh and super versatile Italian Pasta Salad!
Italian Pasta Salad
A light, fresh pasta salad that pairs well with any grilled meat.
- 8 oz Garden Rotini pasta cooked and drained
- 3 cups assorted veggies- broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, peppers, onion, tomato
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing **more if not moist enough
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced thinly
- 10-12 thinly sliced pepperonis optional
Cook pasta according to box directions. (I like mine a bit al dente.) Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside. Cut up veggies. Place veggies in a large bowl. Add pasta. (You can add pepperoni's, olives, at this time) Pour dressing over salad. Mix well. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Chill until ready to serve.