When the weather is hot and humid outside, (and it is)the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven to cook a meal!
So this past week I’ve been challenging myself to come up with quick-easy and most importantly no oven required meals!
Today’s recipe is just such a meal!
Even better this Chicken and Rice Salad is easy on the budget, and PACKED with summertime flavor!
I’m telling ya’ folks. This salad is OVER THE TOP yummy- and oh so refreshing!
Like a Pina-Colada (without the alcohol) on a HOT summer day-refreshing!
I found the original recipe years ago in one of my many cookbooks.
Of course, like many recipes, I have made a few changes along the way.
But one thing about this light-creamy salad hasn’t changed.
It’s still one of my favorite summer salads!
So if you’re looking for a ‘no fuss’-no oven required meal or you need the perfect potluck dish, look no further.
Chicken and Rice Salad
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 tsp mayo
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp worchestire sauce
- 2 tbsp cantaloupe peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Drain any excess liquid and allow to cool. In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream of coconut (or substitute) and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Stir in rice. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve in chilled cantaloupe halves or over a bed of lettuce.
You can find more of my favorite ‘summer’ salads here!
Blessings and hugs,