Summer may not officially start until next week but with temps reaching the 90’s, I’m happy to say I think it’s FINALLY here!
For me, warmer temps and high humidity means big changes in my kitchen.
When summer comes-I’m all about meals that are lighter-cooler-and let’s not forget fresher!
This Creamy Shrimp Salad meets all those requirements and more!
And let me tell ya’ folks, this oh so yummy salad is the PERFECT summer comfort food!
Pasta-shrimp-fresh dill-juicy tomatoes-all covered in a light-tangy-creamy sauce.
I mean….what’s not to love?
It’s SUPER quick and easy to make and is a great side dish to bring to a potluck, backyard barbecue, or family gathering.
Or just pair it with a slice of garlic toast-and viola you’ve got a meal!
Which is exactly what hubby and I did last night!
I hope you enjoy this summer salad as much as we do!
Here’s the recipe!
- 8 oz (1/2 lb) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 lb package frozen-fully cooked medium shrimp (thawed-cut in half)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 4 oz (1/2 a can) water chestnuts (drained-and cut in half)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside. Combine mayo, mustard, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Add onion, dill, water chestnuts, tomatoes, shrimp, pasta and salt and pepper. Toss together until all ingredients are well coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover bowl and chill until ready to serve.
And don’t forget to pin my Creamy Shrimp Salad! I promise you are going to LOVE it!
Blessings and hugs,