I know I’ve been on a lemon kick lately, but I just can’t help myself. As I mentioned in my Lemon Bread post, they just speak SPRING to me!
And since the weather isn’t cooperating,(It’s 31 and gloomy outside) I’ve decided to add a little sunshine into my baking and even my decor- with these bright and cheerful darlings!
For me, there is no better pairing to the tartness of a lemon, then the burst of sweetnes that can only come from fresh blueberries!
Well, except maybe a buttery-crumble topping…………..
Or a sweet lemony glaze.
MMM…now that’s just pure perfection!
I can’t believe I haven’t made these scrumptious muffins in years, but when I started planning my weekend brunch menu, I knew they would be the perfect sweet compliment to my savory egg bake.
Unfortunately, I have stacks and stacks of cookbooks, and because I am probably the most unorganized person in the world, I had no clue which one this YUMMY recipe was in!
You can about imagine the look on hubby’s face when he came home from work last night, and found me on the living room floor, surrounded by all those cookbooks!!!
By that time, I was almost an hour into my search, and still hadn’t found the recipe!
The good news is-I found a whole passel of recipes I’d totally forgotten about while I was searching-and even better……
After another thirty minutes (with hubby’s help), I FINALLY found the recipe for Blueberry-Lemon Streusel Muffins!
I suppose one of these days I’ll have to get all my recipes organized.
But for now, I’ve put this one in a very safe place-because I plan to make these glorious bites of sunshine many more times this Spring!
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (can also use frozen)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- Juice from one lemon (approx. 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and 1 cup sugar together until smooth. Add eggs until just incorporated. Add buttermilk, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix for 30 seconds until combined. Slowly add in flour mixture, and mix until combined. (About 30 seconds.) Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Combine crumble topping ingredients in a medium bowl and sprinkle generously on top of the muffin batter. Bake for 25 minutes-or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before placing on a wire rack. Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice and confectioners sugar in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Place a sheet of waxed paper under the wire rack (for easy cleanup), and drizzle glaze over top of muffins.
If you like this recipe-don’t forget to PIN it!
Blessings and hugs,