If you’ve been following along on the blog for awhile, you might remember when I posted the recipe for my mom in law’s peach pie!
Well, today I’m going to share another peach pie recipe, only this time I changed Mom L’s recipe up by adding a streusel topping!
I think the crumble topping gives the pie that little ‘oomph’ if you know what I mean.
Peach Pie with Streusel Topping
A sweet peach pie with crumble topping
Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
Ingredients for Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco shortening
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 5 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for filling
- 3 1/2 cups peaches (peeled and cut up)
- 2 Tablespoons (heaping) flour or tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Ingredients for Streusel
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick oatmeal
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter
- For crust: In a large mixing bowl combine flour and Crisco with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse meal. Beat egg and add to flour mixture. Add water, vinegar, and salt and mix gently until all ingredients are incorporated. *Note-Pioneer Woman's recipe calls for separating the dough into thirds-but this makes three thin crusts-so I divide dough in half. Place dough in a sealed plastic bag and flattened slightly with a rolling pin. Place in freezer until you need them. If you want to use
- them right away-place in the freezer to chill for at least 15-20 minutes. Then remove dough and roll out onto a heavily floured surface. Carefully place in pie pan.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- For filling: Combine peaches and flour or tapioca in a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- For streusel: Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix until crumbly with a pastry cutter.
- For pie: Pour peach filling into pie shell. Top with streusel mixture. Bake in oven for 1 hour.
- ***Note check pie 45 minutes into baking. If crust or topping is getting to brown-cover with foil to prevent burning.
If you like sweet pie (but not too sweet) this peach pie will be perfect for you!
Enjoy and I’ll see you back here for Sunday Love Links!
Blessings and hugs,
Please follow and like us: