With temperatures hitting a high of 48 today-it appears mother nature has finally decided it’s time for fall in our neck of the woods!
Although I do not like the colder temperatures, I do LOVE Fall.
When it comes to my favorite season, Fall runs a close second to Spring.
I’ll be honest. When Fall comes knocking on our door, I can’t wait for cozy fires, hot chocolate, and the smell of Fall spices.
I found the recipe for these moist-spicy muffins years ago in an old cookbook I picked up at a rummage sale entitled Treasures of Christmas. That book truly is a treasure because it is jam-packed with delicious recipes and not just for the holidays!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (or half a can) of pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled, finely chopped apples
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until moistened. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins. Fill about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients for streusel, and cut in butter, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel over muffins. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 18 muffins.
I’ll be sharing this recipe with these amazing blog parties!