I hope you all had a FABULOUS weekend!
Hubby and I had a blast searching for treasures on Saturday, and although I didn’t find many ‘must haves’, he scored several! The best part was watching him negotiate. With his sense of humor and quick wit, those poor folks didn’t have a chance!
Sunday was spent catching up on chores (that’s what happens when you play on Saturday) and later, we enjoyed a quiet ‘backyard’ barbecue which included one of our favorite summer dishes!
Let me just say that when it comes to macaroni salad, I am VERY, VERY finicky!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 16 oz pkg of shell macaroni (cooked, rinsed in cold water, and drained)
- 1 stalk of celery (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Combine eggs, sugar, mustard vinegar, salt and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to to boil-stirring constantly. Lower heat and let simmer until thickened. (About 3-5 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add mayo and half and half to salad dressing. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad. Mix well.
- Chill until ready to serve.
I’ll be sharing my recipe with these amazingly creative parties- so stop on over and get inspired!!!!
Also check out my From My Kitchen page, for more summer salad recipes and homemade dishes!