Inevitably, any time I set a platter of fresh vegetables out for a family get together, guess which veggie get’s left behind?
You got it.
It’s obviously my families least favorite veggie.
Heck, who am I kidding? Mostly me.
So imagine my surprise when I fell in love with this broccoli salad the first time I tried it at a company potluck!
I swear I could have eaten the whole darn bowl, folks!
I later found out that there are so many variations to this recipe, but frankly, I’m a firm believer in not trying to change perfection.
A huge thank you to my friend and co-worker, Brenda for giving me her delicious recipe!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 Broccoli Florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 12 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup almonds (You can also use walnuts or sunflower seeds)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- Add broccoli to a small pot of boiling water. Let cook for 2-3 min (blanch) Remove immediately to a large bowl of ice water. Remove from water and set aside. Cook bacon until crispy. Drain and let cool. Combine broccoli, raisins, red onion, almonds, and bacon in a large bowl. Combine mayo, vinegar and sugar in a separate bowl. Pour over broccoli mixture. Stir well. Chill until ready to serve.