I can’t believe it’s already Sunday!
Yesterday seemed to fly by so fast!
Hubby and I had our first ‘day’ date in a very long time! We had an awesome day filled with food and plenty of laughter.
This morning we woke up and starting preparing a birthday brunch for Hubby’s son. His golden birthday is tomorrow, and since he has to work, we thought we make him a special meal to get his day started. We had homemade blueberry waffles and bacon and sausage. *** I will have a post devoted entirely to breakfast goodies, later in the week. I promise!
Scalloped Potatoes, Meatloaf, Green Beans, and Apple Crisp for dessert!
YUM! My mouth was seriously watering the whole time I was preparing each dish!
I promise I’ll be back to share all the recipes for each one, but tonight I’m just going to share my mom’s meatloaf recipe!
It truly is the best comfort food!
Love you mom! 🙂
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)- you can substitute 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 slices of bread (cut into small chunks)-or (1/4 cup dry bread crumbs)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoon. brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon. prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine hamburger, garlic, onion, Worcestershire sauce, spices, parsley, milk, eggs, and bread in a large mixing bowl. Place mixture into a greased bread loaf pan. Pour 1/2 of the barbecue sauce over top of meatloaf. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and pour remaining barbecue sauce over. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Let cool before cutting.