Have I mentioned I live in Minnesota?
Well, I do and on days like today when the temperature is -22, all I want to do is to sit before a nice warm fire with a steaming bowl of my favorite soup.
My Mom’s Creamy Potato and Ham soup is one of those comfort foods that just makes you feel good all over.
This hearty soup is packed with fresh veggies, smokey ham, and let’s not forget
Lots and lots of cheese.
What’s not to love, right?
I hope you enjoy this scrumptious soup as much as I do.
Oh, and thanks, Mom!!
Mom's Creamy Potato and Ham Soup
Creamy, cheesy soup filled with veggies and smokey ham
Write a review
- 1 small onion (diced small)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled-sliced thinly)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled-chopped in small chunks)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli (can use frozen)
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower (can use frozen)
- 1 celery stalk (diced small)
- 1 10 3/4 can of cream of potato soup
- 1 can of water
- 1 can of milk
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced ham
- In a medium saucepan-combine carrots, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a separate (large) saucepan-combine cream of potato soup, water, milk, celery,onion and ham. Add (drained) vegetables. Add cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately.
Blessings and hugs,
Please follow and like us: